I have moved to www.trafotoz.com

August 01, 2017

Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies | Tanya Burr

I love baking, well sometimes...when it actually works out. This is a recipe by Tanya Burr. I have made her cookies before and they tasted so good so I thought I would try again. This time I made it the same but one cookie was a bit dry and that's down to the Coco Powder. So rather than adding 75g I would only add 60g the next time. You get your chocolate fix by the actually chocolate pieces so don't worry. I thought I would make this post just to show people they can reduce the amount and it still tastes just as good since all my other cookies were a success!


Ingredients:
Butter - 200g
Caster Sugar - 300g (I reduced it a little and used 260g)
Large / Medium Egg - 1
Self-Raising Flour - 275g
Coco Powder - 60g
Dash of Milk (If your mixture looks dry)
2 or 3 Chocolate bars of your choice (I used 2 Milk and one White).
NOTE: If you want it slightly Chocolatey, use 1-2 bars, if you want it extra Chocolat-y, use 3.

Method:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C and line two baking trays with Parchment paper (or similar)

2. In a LARGE bowl, cream together the butter and sugar

3. Carefully crack your egg into the same bowl

4.  Sift the flour and CoCo Powder and then stir in all the dry ingredients (add some then mix...repeat, etc)

5. If your mixture looks dry, add a dash of milk

6. Break up your chocolate bars and add start to mix it all in with your hands

7. Place a small handful of cookie dough onto the baking tray but only put a few on one baking tray as they will spread and lose their natural, round shape. (It is slightly more work as you'll be putting in a few batches but its worth it)

8. Pop them into the oven for 11 minutes. Leave them to cool for 10 minutes* then place on a wire rack for 30 minutes. NOTE: Don't worry, when you take them out they'll still look uncooked, DO NOT put them back in the oven or you will overcook them.

* Whilst you are waiting for one batch to cool for 10 minutes on the baking tray, put your other batch in and by the time your other batch is done the other cookies can go onto the wire rack leaving space for another tray free ... which is why I say two baking trays. Does that make sense :D
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Oh my goodies! I'm gonna try this on Saturday with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was thinking translate it for my girls and let them do the most part, since it seems easy enough for an 11 year old to make them with supervision of course ;D

      Delete
  2. Let me know how you get on Jonna! They're lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, Laura - they're pretty straight forward which is one of the reasons I love Cookies :) Hope you enjoy baking with your girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes please! I am making them tomorrow. I have had the same situation where I made cookies but they were all too powder-y (if that's a word) so will do what you did. What chocolate do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used two Milka bars as my milk chocolate and one Milkybar as my white chocolate. Milka is a really good chocolate brand! Hope you enjoy them :)

      Delete
  5. This looks delicious!!! I'm going to have to get my bake on sometime!
    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/

    ReplyDelete

All content copyright © 2014 - 2017 Trafotoz, unless otherwise noted. Template: pipdig